Altoona Family Physicians accepts applications and supporting documents only through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) for both the ACGME and the AOA matches. Applications for the Transitional Year and Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship are also only accepted through ERAS.
The application deadline for all materials to be submitted to our program is December 1. Our interview season generally runs from September 1 to December 31. If you are selected for an interview, our recruitment coordinator will contact you directly. Because of the volume of applications received, we cannot provide status updates on your application.
Your completed application must include
- ERAS general application form
- ERAS curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation
- Medical school transcript
- Personal statement
- Dean’s Medical School Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- COMLEX/USMLE Step I and II passing score reports
- Photo identification
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certificate (International Medical Graduates only)
Our National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) number is 1603120C0. We are listed as “UPMC Medical Education (Altoona Hospital) Program.
Our AOA match code for the family medicine residency is 41346. We are listed as “PCOM/UPMC Altoona Program.
Our AOA match code for the Transitional Year is 41311.